Monday, November 9, 2009

Profesora - preschool and English

Hey everyone.

So, Saturday was Iglesia de la Calle (Street Church) where we had a really good time, especially with communion... it went really deep with a lot of us.

Sunday they were short 2 workers so I did a morning shift with the toddlers/preschoolers and then a couple hours in the afternoon with the babies. I'm still learning to renounce my rights (to free time, for example) which is a continuation of my DTS where I had to renounce my right to lots of things!

Today I prepared the preschool lesson, but Zoe wasn't leaving until 11 so she was my helper... tomorrow Jemimah will help me. They're going to learn about the letter N, how to use scissors, hoiw to count and how to glue balls of tissue paper on a fish.

In Spanish lessons I learned that since Ecuador has been getting very little rain, the government decided to turn off the power every so often for a few hours to save energy. Therefore, we were using candles in English class and had a very dark Spanish class. Teaching English was a lot of fun since there were only 3 students and they were around my age. Apparently the directors rarely have native English speakers teach so they convinced me to teach another class... so I'll be teaching from 3:30-4:30 and 6:30 -7:30 Monday to Thursday with a Spanish lesson at 5:30 - 6:30... in betwen I think I might go and buy ice cream or something... Hopefully I'll be able to get another lesson for free or some sort of "reward." Today I had time so I bought ice cream and ended up seeing one of the guys from Street Church so we talked (in Spanish of course) and then I bought a phone card so I officially have minutes on my new cell!

No comments:

Post a Comment