Monday, November 23, 2009

Chimborazo


On Sunday I went with Isaac to a nearby village to teach guitar lessons. I decided to go for a hike/exploration adventure to go see Chimborazo and take pictures. After climbing up a hill and having no oxygen I met some kids and Quichua farmers.


There were tons of sheep, pigs, donkeys and cows so I took a picture of some sheep.





This is a little forest I went into that reminded me of Canada. The trees are beautiful.
This is Chimborazo... the farthest point from the Earth's center (the bulge of the equator plus the height of the mountain). Around the mountain are farms where the Indigenous work and live simple lives washing laundry in streams and riding donkeys (which I have done in Haiti!)
This is a close up of Chimborazo, which looks even better with a clear sky and no clouds.




Saturday morning/afternoon was a girls seminar on Love/Relationships with one of the missionaries here. A bunch of the teenage girls from the Ark went and I really enjoyed it.
Saturday night I went to street church where we ended up handing out gospel tracts and telling people about Jesus. It was amazing even though I just listened most of the time and prayed. It was a little frustrating because I could understand most of what the people were saying, but I didn't have the Spanish to respond when I really wanted to say something. However, I really enjoyed it and am glad to have helped plant a seed in the hearts of the people.
Sunday morning I went to church and the service was really good. Then in the afternoon I went to the village mentioned above to get some exercise. And at night I went to where the people from the Street church do their radio program. They play music and talk about the christain life as well. Then we all hung out at one of their houses and had some coffee and bread (a typical snack here).
And today I worked in the morning and wrapped lots of Christmas presents. Then I went to teach 3 English classes downtown and now I'm really tired. Hope you enjoyed the post...

No comments:

Post a Comment