Saturday, November 14, 2009

Here are some photos since I finally got around to it... actually I'm just editing this because the power went off the last time and now I don't have the rest of the pictures... but here are 2!



This is the outside of the main building, which contains the kitchen, office, living room, the Allan's place, the boy's room, the girl's room and the baby room.


This is the other building, which contains the laundry room, the older boy's rooms, my room and the older Allan kid's rooms.











This week has been very fun and very eventful (in comparison). I got to teach English Monday to Thursday for a hour and get Spanish lessons in return. The students are young and fun to be with and the director of the school really likes me and wants me to teach 3 more classes! I think I will cuz I like getting out and I end up speaking a lot more Spanish when I'm downtown cuz I have to.

Then on Friday a bunch of us went to a hospital with a church group that goes regularly. They talk to the people in the waiting room about Jesus and do programs for the kids in the children's ward and then give them bread and tea.

Then on Saturday I went to the house of another missionary's and just played cards and hung out. Then at night I went to Iglesia de la Calle where had church as usual. It's fun as I'm learning more Spanish so I can understand more of the jokes and what they are saying in general.

Then today I went to one of the churches that's close by in the morning and went to Sunday school for youth with a friend that I see often... she comes to the Ark lots. In the afternoon a bunch of people came over to help and just hang out... then we went to this little village where Isaac taught guitar lessons to a few students. A few of us went for a walk and the view was amazing... you could see the whole valley and then the huge snow capped mountain Chimborazo. This mountain is apparently the farthest from the center of the earth because of the bulge from the equator and how high it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment