Saturday, December 12, 2009

Sleepover and Community Christmas Party

Hello again.

So on Friday morning me and Zoe prepared most of the games for the Christmas party... we had bowling, limbo, a dress up as Santa Claus race, a fish pond and a ring toss. I also helped bake sugar cookies on Thursday so we can decorate them later.

Friday afternoon I went to Jessica's house to have a sleepover. Her family is in Quito so we had the house to ourselves. We ended up watching 4 Christmas movies and talking. It was really relaxing and I slept great.

Saturday morning I went back to the Ark to help with the Community Christmas Party. I was in charge of limbo (just like Vacation Bible School in Haiti). I ended up helping with the toddlers and cleaning up after.

In the evening I went to the Radio where I got to say Hi to everyone in English. Then I went to get something to eat with a girl I just met. Her name is Paola and she actually knows Lana (a volunteer from Kelowna that came here a few years ago). We had hamburgers, which came with fries on the inside (which always happens here in Ecuador).

Then we all went to Street church and I was all nice and warm with my new jacket. I am so thankful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment