Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Busy busy busy

Hey Everyone, I've been pretty busy lately so I haven't really felt like blogging. On Saturday we had the staff party here at the Ark, but just before that I had to go to the hospital to take 2 of the babies and the one toddler that were sick. It was freezing in the hospital and it ending up taking 3 hours because of the traffic (the parades make it crazy) and waiting to see the doctor.

On Sunday we went to Calshi (a little village) to sing some songs and do a puppet show for a Christmas program/beauty pageant they had. We didn't get back til late.

Then on Monday I got to go to the jungle (Macas/Sucua) with Isaac and one of the kids named Mariano. I loved it in the jungle... mainly the heat and vegetation... it really reminds me of the Dominican. It was about a 4.5 hour drive and we did mostly visiting people. We went to see Mariano's mom and brothers, a bunch of the old workers that used to work at the Ark home in Macas, and one of the toddlers that used to stay here. The toddler wasn't doing so well... he looked very lethargic and sick. Apparently he lives with his dad and all he eats is plaintain. We also did a mini Christmas program in that same village. We sang some songs, prayed and then gave out little candy bags for the kids. I really enjoyed it... felt like DTS. I got back yesterday late at night.

Today I worked here in the morning, then went to Jessica's to watch It's A Wonderful Life for the first time. Then I went to a Christmas dinner the street church was having. I ended up stirring the rice and veggies/meat altogether and washing a few dishes to help... It turned out I ate rice 3 times today (breakfast, lunch and supper!). Well, now I'm here at 12:30 and we're going to watch some TV shows before a truck load of toys arrives from Quito. Miss you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment