Sunday, October 25, 2009

Retreat

So yesterday La Iglesia de la Calle (street church friends) went to a nearby town for a retreat in the countryside. First we drove around for a while picking everybody up and then we bought ingredients for supper. We got to this house where we played volleyball, made a fire, sang songs, prayed, cooked and ate supper, and where some of us slept a little. Then at like 5 in the morning we left to go swim in these pools that are like hot tubs... it's really popular and so much fun. Since I didn't bring my bathing suit and neither did this other girl that wanted to swim we rented bathing suits for 50 cents! haha... that wouldn't happen in Canada! The stars were amazing and I finally got warm after a freezing cold evening. On the way back to the house we were staying at we had to help this car get out of a ditch. Then at the house we shared and talked about the stuff God was teaching us and prayed.

Now after having very very little sleep I have to go to Quito tomorrow at 5:00 in the morning to register my visa since the last time the office was closed. I'm looking forward to taking some taxis/buses/whatever to get there, but I think I'm going to be very tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment