Thursday, July 15, 2010

God is Faithful - Dios es Fiel

Hello everyone once again. Thank you all so much for your prayers... God has really been speaking to me regarding direction.

As most of you know, I had been stressed about what I should do with my last 2 weeks here in Colombia and about what I should do for 4 months in Ecuador. However, God is faithful and has spoken to me about Ecuador through my last 2 weeks here in Colombia.

After my graduation I was anxious to travel and do something "meaningful" and "useful" with my time. I wanted to make plans and not let any day go to "waste." I started to get stressed because my plans started to fall through. And when I'm stressed I go to God because He is the only one who can calm me. After praying a bunch and going on an "anger walk" I felt God telling me to rest; that it's okay to relax. He told me not to worry and not to make plans or find stuff to do; that life isn't about constant havoc and activity. I needed to trust him that everything has a purpose.

However, I continued to try and make plans. I made plans to go to Medellin (a popular city 10 hours away) with a team from Argentina, then with a friend from the ministry here and then with a friend I met in a survivor camp and then with the friend I live with. I made plans to go to "hot country" (basically anywhere a few hours down the mountain) several different times. I even made plans to just visit friends, but all of them fell through! Finally, I started to realize there was something spiritual going on.

God has so been directing me. He has been shutting doors that no one can open and opening doors that no one can shut. The Holy Spirit has been blocking me from going the wrong way, I don't have to worry about going the wrong way because God is in control. - journal entry from this morning

God is teaching me that I don't have to worry about going against God's will! I feel like Jonah trying to avoid Nineveh (and intentionally going the opposite direction), but not being able to. It's like Paul in Acts 16:6 where the Holy Spirit forbids/keeps/blocks him from preaching in the province of Asia. I can trust God to direct my path in Ecuador and believe he will shut doors that I shouldn't go through.

No comments:

Post a Comment