Monday, January 11, 2010

Volcano Tungurahua and Rabbit

So today we woke up to cars covered in ash from the volcano Tungurahua... just last Sunday I was driving to Baños on a road that passes right by the volcano. You can still see the devestation from the last time it erupted a couple years ago.

I´m still living in the house of the English school director, which has been good. I like spending time with her family and being more ¨on my own.¨

All last week I helped out at the Ark, taking care of babies and teaching preschool all by myself! It went really good even though the kids can get a little more out of control. I prepared all the lessons and used all the spanish I know! haha.

On Friday, I spent the night at Jessica´s and stayed there all Saturday. It was like a mini retreat. Then I went to the radio and then to street church. Last Saturday on the radio I was interviewed by a friend. One of the questions was if I preferred rabbit or guinea pig (which is totally normal to eat here). I had to say I had never tried either cuz I had both as pets! But just last Sunday I tried rabbit (conejo) and it was delicious! just like chicken! haha. Now I just need to try guinea pig (cuy).

Sunday was my laundry day on the roof of the apartment... there´s such a beautiful view. Then I attended a 5 year old´s birthday party. We had a turkey lunch with some chocolate and a yummy cake. It´s tradition to push the birthday person´s face into the cake, but the kid got really angry that we did it and he started to cry! He got over it fast though.

Tomorrow 5 volunteers from the States are coming and we finished making their room this morning. I was spoiled with my huge bed and room all to myself... now there´s 3 bunk beds and not a lot of space.

So I´m officially going to Colombia in March and will be buying my ticket soon. Dios les bendiga.

No comments:

Post a Comment