Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Little of Everything

Sorry it´s been so long, but blogs are hard to keep updated...

Let´s see... the 5 volunteers from the States came over a week ago and it´s nice to have the extra help and company. It´s fun translating for them the odd time I´m working around them... I´ve been mosting re-organizing the Bodega (storage room) where we have all the donated toys/clothes/shoes. Teaching pre school has been good and we have a new student just for this week. The kid is getting adopted to the US next week so I´ve been teaching him preschool in English even though he usually goes to elementary school. I´ve been teaching him the colors, numbers, shapes and stuff like that in English.

Just starting this Monday I´ve been teaching a 2 hour beginner English class and then a 1 hour advanced class in the evening... I definitely enjoy the advanced class cuz it´s mostly conversation. Today we´re going to go for pizza as something fun to do. Next week I´m supposed to start a children´s class where I just sing songs and teach them colors, etc.

Recently, some friends of mine started renting an apartment for the homeless. It´s cool to see people buying stuff for the apartment and being able to meet there for prayer meetings and street church if we want. There aren´t any beds yet, but we do have some mattresses and blankets from the Ark.

I got an email from 2 friends living in Jacmel, Haiti. One of them is living in his van and says the city really stinks. Lately, he´s been translating for doctors that have come to help. The other one said that there are bodies everywhere, there´s no water, gas costs like $18 a gallon, and the city is a wreck. He´s really discouraged right now... please pray for Amos and Candace and Lubens and his family. Thanks.

So I officially got accepted into the Children at Risk school in Colombia. It starts March 15th and ends July 3rd. I can´t wait to go and learn and then work with street children. It sounds so cool. Now I have to buy a plane ticket and pay for the lecture and outreach fees... please pray that God will provide.

Miss you all and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment