Friday, September 18, 2009

Leaving Canada, Entering Ecuador

I just wanted to let you guys know that I’ll be leaving from Kelowna on Friday, September 25th. Me voy para Ecuador el 25 de septiembre. I’ll be visiting a good friend in LA for a couple days and then arriving in Quito, Ecuador on Monday the 28th. I’ll be picked up at the airport by the Allan’s (missionaries from Kelowna that run the orphanage) who will give me a ride to Riobamba where the Ark Children’s Home is located.

Riobamba is about the size of Kelowna (125,000 people) and high up in the mountains (9,000 ft). Therefore, even though Ecuador is on the equator the temperature is usually only between 5°C and 20°C. La cuidad está en las montañas y hace mucho frío allí.

I bought a one-way ticket and have a 2 year missionary visa so I will be staying in Ecuador until God calls me back to Canada (or I run out of money!) Volveré a Canadá cuando Dios me lo diga (¡o no tenga más dinero!) While in Ecuador I hope to improve my Spanish, but more importantly to serve the poor and love the unwanted. I also want to learn from the Allan’s how a ministry like theirs operates.

Thanks to everyone that has been praying for me and has helped me financially. I really appreciate it. Gracias a todos que han orado por mi y me han dado dinero.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear you arrived in L.A.! Let us know how it goes, and when you get to Riobamba, ok?

    ReplyDelete