Sunday, September 19, 2010

Hospital, Street Church and Babies

Hello once again. How is everyone?

To start off I want to share about an answered prayer. Friday afternoon while I was doing my devotional I just prayed that God would direct my path and show me how I can be a blessing to others. Then that night just as me and Debora were leaving our house to go for a walk we ran into 2 friends from Street Church. I asked if they wanted to do something and one of them suggested going to the hospital. Every Friday night a group of Christians meet to worship God and read from the Bible and then go to the hospital to preach. I had gone once before, but that was months and months ago. So we headed off to the hospital where we helped hand out bread, tea, and Bible tracts to the people in the waiting rooms and people visiting loved ones. There were also some people that preached and did a puppet show for the children. It´s cool how God uses our willingness and answers our prayers.

When I went to the Ark this week I heard an interesting and sad story about a new baby that arrived. Many of you may already know the story from the Ark´s newsletter. The 2 week old baby was found buried alive just outside of Riobamba. A lady had been walking by and heard crying from the ground. She went over and un-covered the baby, which now has health issues with her lungs.

I also want to share about Street Church this week. There was quite a lot happening with a decision to follow Christ, a desire to change, new Christians rapping for the glory of God and everyone coming over to our house for some coffee and oranges. It´s nice because a lady I met back in Kelowna at the Spanish church a few years ago has come back to Riobamba to help with Street Church. Her name is Maria and it will be good having someone wiser and more mature in the faith with us.

That´s all for now. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment